KENWORTH DEBUTS NEW MEDIUM DUTY LINE OF TRUCKS!
Kenworth announced its brand new medium-duty truck line, which includes straight trucks and tractor models, as part of the latest update of their medium-duty trucks since 2007.
A Truck That Drives Like a Car
Notable characteristics noticed with the new medium-duty aside from its apparent car-like drivability are the increased visibility and 2.1-meter-wide driver’s spacious cab. The flexibility of the new model makes it suitable for many uses:
- Cargo and reefer van
- Beverage truck
- Tow and recovery
- Utility fleet
- Government fleet
Feedback collected from drivers and operators across multiple industries inspired the improvement of the new medium-duty truck’s ergonomics, which now provides space for three people with high or medium-back seats.
A Safe Ride
The new model includes a larger windshield, a lowered dashboard, and a new sloping hood which provides better driver visibility and a 50% noise reduction by utilizing the most advanced soundproofing technology.
A Mix of Conventional and Modern
This new 7-inch digital display configures the specific information necessary to each driver- the information and also displays analog speed, tachometer, oil pressure, and coolant temperature gauges.
Kenworth’s 2021 medium-duty trucks come with a 380 horsepower Paccar PX-9 engine or the 325 horsepower Paccar PX-7 engine.
The PACCAR TX-8 automatic transmission is now available with an automotive-style column shifter that regulates Drive, Neutral, Reverse, Manual mode, and engine brake.
Other innovations include
- A stainless steel ‘aero’ grille is designed to provide protection from harsh weather.
- An air intake system conveniently placed on the engine (under the hood) minimizes cab noise
- A hydraulic clutch outlined for smooth operation and ease of use for the driver
- Kenworth SmartWheel (optional) for easier access to controls without leaving the steering wheel.
- A newly designed throttle pedal built to reduce driver fatigue
- Column mounted transmission shifter providing increased convenience and safety.
- Finally, the innovative work of Kenworth engineers continues to set a new standard for the world of medium-duty trucks. With creativity and feedback from drivers, the new medium-duty line-up will upgrade the way you do business.